Setting Buffalo Router Access Point
- Setting Buffalo Access Point
Setting Buffalo Router Accessing Point
Buffalo router is a high-speed network device that solves all your wireless connectivity problems. When connected to this wireless router, you can experience excellent network connectivity on your laptop, desktop, and mobile devices.
To quickly Setting Buffalo router access point as an access point, proceed with the steps below.
What is the use of setting up a router as an access point?
Consider, you have an old router that is no longer able to provide you a stable or fast network connection. However, you wish to use it. In this scenario, you can use this old router as an access point.
How to use my old router as an access point?
You can set up your old router as an access point using a network cable and an active router.
Connect the old router to an active router using a network cable.
Then, go to your old router’s web interface page and make the required changes.
Procedure to set up the Buffalo router in an access point mode
Before you begin, gather your Buffalo router’s IP address and credentials.
Now, connect your Buffalo router to an active or exiting router using a network cable.
Now, connect the active router to your computer using a LAN cable.
Then, open a web browser on your Windows computer.
- setting buffalo router access point.
In the search field, type the IP address of your Buffalo router and
- admin and password , respectively.
When prompted, enter your Buffalo router’s user name and password. The default username and password of this router are
- Sign In.
Enter the correct router’s credentials and click
- Wireless tab followed by Basic.
Once the Buffalo router’s web interface screen opens, click the
- SSID 1 section and click the checkbox beside the Use option.
Go to the
- radio button beside the Enter command line.
- BUFFALO or any other keyword based on your preference.
In the text field, type
- WPA/ WPA2 mixed mode-PSK option from the Authentication drop-down menu.
Now, choose the
- WPA-PSK (Pre-shared key). Click the Apply button.
Enter the wireless network password in the text field provided beside the
- Setup tab.
Once the password is applied, click the
- Bridge mode option by clicking the radio button beside it. Then, click the Apply button.
Now, enable the
Wait for 30 seconds. Now, you can find the network icon changing in the taskbar.
Now, unplug the LAN cable from your Windows computer.
- network over a Wi-Fi network.
Try to connect your Windows computer to a
- setting buffalo router access point in the access point mode.
You have now successfully