The PBC (Push Button Configuration) is used to set up the wireless devices to the Verizon router wirelessly. Using this Push Button Configuration method, you can connect or add wireless devices without entering the wireless settings like network key and SSID of the Verizon router. Make sure that your wireless device supports WPS. :
To set up your wireless device to the Verizon wireless network using the PBC method, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Before starting the process, locate the WPS button on your Verizon router. Usually, it will be located on the back or right side of the router.
- On your wireless device, turn the Wi-Fi on or enable Wireless LAN.
- Choose the WPS Push Button (PBC) method as the connection method and wait for the device to detect the nearby wireless networks.
- Make sure that you have placed the Verizon router close to the device you are about to connect.
- Press the WPS button on your router and hold it for 2 to 3 seconds to begin the pairing process.
- The WPS LED on the router will flash green for two minutes before the time out for WPS Setup expires. You should connect the wireless device to the network within 2 minutes.
- Otherwise, you will be prompted to restart the whole process.
- If any error displays, the WPS LED will turn into solid amber.
- Once connected, you can access the Internet from the router.
- Alternatively, you can enable WPS using the Admin WebGUI, but you must be connected to the network to access the admin page.
- Once you have logged in to the router’s administrative interface, click the Wi-Fi tab.
- In the Wi-Fi Settings section, click the WPS button to begin the PBC process.
If you face any problem while setting up your device to the Verizon router using the PBC button, contact our technical support team for remote assistance.