Fix Netgear N300 won't Connect To Router
- N300 Netgear Won't Connect To Router
N300 Netgear Won't Connect To Router
The use of a Wi-Fi extender is to enhance the wireless router network to cover the large areas of the room. Before you can start using the extender, you need to connect it to the router. If the Netgear N300 won’t connect to router, use the below solutions to resolve the connection problem.
Reconnect the Netgear extender
Using an Ethernet cable, connect the extender to the computer.
Next, open a browser on your computer and enter the official Extender Wi-Fi setup website.
- Log In.When the page opens up, enter the username and password to log in to the extender setup page and click
The default username and password are admin and password, respectively.
- Wireless Settings.Select the Setup tab and then select
- Security Options , look for the password, which is the extender network key. It should be the same as the router network password for easy connection.Under
- Apply to save the network settings.Click
Next, try to connect the devices to the Netgear extender network.
Reset the extender
Find the reset button on the extender and then use a pin or sharp object to press the reset button.
- reset the wireless settings of the extender.
Hold the button for 7 seconds to
After the reset, connect the extender and the router.
Enable the extender network and make sure the device can detect the network.
Connect the computer to the extender network and open the extender webpage.
Enter the username and password to open the extender setup page.
Open the settings menu and connect the extender to the router network again.
- Netgear N300 Won't Connect To Router issue has been fixed now.
If you are using the credentials such as the network name and password of the router network, fill in the details and save the settings. Check if the
Check the extender firmware
The extender firmware can lead to the connection issues, therefore upgrade the extender firmware.
Connect the extender and the computer to the wireless router network.
Open the official Netgear website on the browser and find the latest firmware version.
Download the firmware and save it on the system
Now, open the extender setup page in the browser window.
- Firmware Update menu.
Log in to the extender setup page and select the
Next, browse the system and select the firmware file.
- Upload button to start the firmware update of the extender.
The extender shuts down and restarts to update the firmware.
To fix Netgear N300 Won't Connect To Router issue, click the Call button available on this page to get remote assistance