Linksys EA8300 Dropping Connection - [SOLVED]
Linksys EA8300 is a Tri-band wireless router which is suitable for seamless roaming. Is your Linksys router’s Internet connection dropping frequently? There are numerous factors that may cause the dropping issue. To identify the cause and fix the Linksys EA8300 dropping connection problem, follow the quick steps given below.
How To Solve Linksys EA8300 Drop's Connection
Solution 1: Reduce Wi-Fi Interference
Verify whether your router has been connected properly to your computer and modem.
Make sure to use a standard Ethernet cable to connect your devices.
Ensure that you have not placed your router on the ground.
Place your router close to your workstation to avoid network traffics in the future.
On solving Linksys EA8300 dropping connection, Make sure no wireless gadgets that transmit signals over the same frequency are around your router. It may increase Wi-Fi interference.
- 1 or 11 to reduce Wi-Fi interference as these are considered non-overlapping channels.Try changing your Wi-Fi channel to
Solution 2: Customize Your Router Settings
- router setup and computer using a standard Ethernet cable.
- URL field. Press Enter to access the router’s login portal.
On your computer, launch the default browser and enter your router’s IP address in the
You can identify the router IP address on the router label.
- Command Prompt app on your Windows computer.
Besides, you can identify it using the
- Submit to access the router’s settings page.
On the router login portal, enter your login credentials and click
- Wireless tab and select the Basic Wireless Settings submenu.
- Manual option and change the existing wireless network name (SSID) to your desired name.
- WPA to WPA2 Personal.
Also, change the security type
- Save Settings button.
Once you have configured the necessary settings, click the
Solution 3: Update Your Router Firmware
Before starting, you should download the latest firmware from the official Linksys site.
- Administration tab.
Next, access the router’s settings page and click the
- Firmware Upgrade submenu and click the Browse button to search your firmware installer file.
- Open button and select Start Upgrade to begin the firmware installation. Doing so will fix the Linksys EA8300 dropping connection problem.
Once you have selected the downloaded file, click the