How To Update Firmware On Router?
- How to update Router's Firmware?
In this section we will explain about how to update firmware on router in detail. Firmware is a program or a set of instructions created to perform the task or develop the entire functions of any hardware. It is a program that enables the improvement of the efficiency of the machine.
Why Do We Need A Firmware Update?
A firmware update enables to upgrade of the device with advanced operational instructions, which improves efficiency.
Updating Firmware On A Router:
Updating firmware on your router helps to detect the threats and block them. It also helps to protect your Wi-Fi access from others breaching it and enhances your router's performance. To know how to update router's firmware, try following the below steps:
- connected to your PC.
Make sure your router is on and
Have your router's IP address to update your router.
- Enter your router's IP address on the search bar of any of your web browsers and search for it.
Your web browser will lead to your router’s login.
- Click the sign-in option on your router's page.
Provide the required details, such as User name and Password.
If you are logging in for the first time, select the Login option on the router's page and provide the necessary details.
Your log-in details will be provided on the router manual or on the router itself.
- search for the Advanced option on the router's page and click on it.
After signing in,
- how to update firmware on router and improve connectivity.
Continue reading the below steps to know
You can see the firmware update option by scrolling down on the Administration or Management section.
Location of firmware update depends upon the router and its model.
Now, on the firmware update page, select the option to check for a new version from the Internet.
By checking, it will show the updates available for your router.
- Click on the update option, which will update your router and improve your router's efficiency.
Alternate Method For How To Update Firmware On Router
- click search.
You can search for your router's official web page, search for your router’s model number, and
Search for the firmware update available for your router.
Mostly, the firmware update will be available in a zip file.
- Select the Firmware update zip file for download.
Make sure you download the update that supports your router and your router model.
- right-click on the file you downloaded and select Extract here, which extracts the data for your firmware update.
After downloading the zip file,
Open the file and double-click on the Firmware update file.
Once the update page gets open, click on the update available, which will be on the lower side of the page.
- Click on the Finish button once the router firmware gets updated.
- reboot your router manually after completion of the process.
After the firmware update is done, your router will automatically get rebooted. If not,
Now, your router is fully updated and ready for efficient performance.
To get more assistance on how to update firmware on router, CALL our experts and get instant solution.