How To Setup VPN Server on Asus Router?
Use the Virtual Private Network (VPN) when you want to hide your network and device identity. There are many VPN services available, but if you do not want to pay, set up your own VPN server. By using the VPN service, you can access the online content from anywhere. VPN encrypts the IP address, hides your geographical location, and uses a virtual location to gain access to the web information. Read more on how to setup VPN server on Asus router.
- VPN Server on Asus Router
Setting up a VPN Server On Asus Router
- the Asus router has the PPTP feature.
Before you start the setup, make sure
Change the dynamic IP address of the ISP to a static domain.
Connect the router and your computer, open the browser, and enter the router’s IP address to access the router settings page.
- Advanced Settings on the left panel, select VPN Server.
- Enable PPTP Server menu and choose Enable from the available options.
Go to the
- Broadcast Support and Force MPPE Encryption menus.
Select a suitable option for the
The Broadcast Support feature enables the VPN client to send data packets to all the LAN computers. If you are not sending any data packet to the network computers, disable the Broadcast Support.
The VPN client encrypts data using MPPE encryption settings.
- Client IP address field, enter a range of IP addresses where 10 is the maximum limit.In the
Below that, enter the User Name and Password and click the ‘encircled plus’ symbol to add.
- Apply to save the settings.Click
Now, you need to know the WAN address to access the VPN server.
- Network Map under Quick Internet Setup and select Internet Status.On the left panel, click
- setup VPN server on Asus router.Write down the WAN IP address and use it to access the VPN server after