How To Setup Edimax BR-6288ACL?
- Edimax BR-6288ACL Setup
Edimax BR-6288ACL is a dual-band Wi-Fi router. Edimax launched this router with the 11AC technology, which is the latest high-speed wireless networking technology. You can make use of this router for large file transfers and HD video streaming. Edimax BR-6288ACL also supports auto firmware upgrade. Setup Edimax BR-6288ACL involves a few steps that have to be implemented carefully.
Steps To Set Up An Edimax BR-6288ACL
There are two more problems that could cause the Netgear Nighthawk AC2300 router to not work.
Continue reading this article to know how to set up Edimax BR-6288ACL.
First, plug in your Edimax BR-6288ACL to the power supply by utilizing the (included) power adapter and/or the USB cable.
Important Note: Your Edimax BR-6288ACL needs 1A of current. Confirm that your USB port can provide adequate power. If you find that the port does not provide sufficient power, make use of the 5V DC adapter.
Wait patiently until the circular LED at the bottom of your router flashes in orange/red.
Utilize a Wi-Fi device, such as a computer, smartphone, or tablet, to locate a Wi-Fi network with the SSID, edimax.setup, and then get connected to it.
Now, open the default web browser on your device, and in most cases, you will automatically be taken to the Get Started screen. In case you are not, type in the following URL (the setup page of the Edimax router) in the address bar of your browser:https://edimax.setup. Now, you will find yourself inside the Get Started screen.
On this screen, click on the blue Get Started button.
NOTE: If you are in a situation where you cannot access the setup page of your Edimax router, ensure that your Wi-Fi device (computer, smartphone, or tablet) has been set to use a dynamic IP address.
On the webpage that displays after you click on the Get Started button, select your mode. Choose whether you wish to use the Edimax BR-6288ACL router in its default Wi-Fi router mode or a different mode. Therefore, click on the Change to a Different Mode button or the Yes, I need a Wi-Fi router button accordingly.
Now, continue reading this article to get some information about the five different modes to Setup Edimax BR-6288ACL.
Details To Set Up Your Edimax BR-6288ACL
- Wi-Fi Router Mode: The device will connect to your modem and offer 2.4GHz and/or 5GHz Internet access to the network devices.
- Access Point Mode: The device will connect to an existing router through your Ethernet cable. It will then provide your network devices with Internet access.
- Range Extender Mode: Your device will connect to the existing network wirelessly and will repeat the wireless signals.
- Wireless Bridge Mode: Your device will connect to a network device, such as your TV or gaming console, through the Ethernet cable, and will function as a wireless receiver.
- WISP Mode: Your device will connect wirelessly to your WISP (Wireless Internet Service Provider). It will provide 2.4GHz and/or 5GHz Internet access to the devices on your network.Now, complete the rest of the on-screen instructions to finish your Edimax BR-6288ACL router set-up.
You have now setup Edimax BR-6288ACL successfully.