How To Set DNS On Asus Router?
The Domain Name System (DNS) automatically converts the domain names into an IP address on your Wi-Fi network. Setting up a public DNS server will not change other settings configured on your Wi-Fi router. Now, are you looking for the quick steps to set up DNS on your Asus router? The section below explains the process of setting up DNS on an Asus router. Keep reading!
- DNS Servers On Asus Router
Setting Up DNS On Asus Router
- Asus router and your Windows computer using a standard Ethernet cable.
First, connect the
Turn on the router and wait until the power light turns into solid green or white.
On your computer, close all the running programs and open the default browser.
- URL field and press the Enter key to open the router’s login portal.
Enter the router’s IP address in the
- Login button to access the router’s administrative interface.
Enter the username and password in the required fields and click the
Before setting up the DNS server settings on your router, check whether you have updated the router’s firmware.
Save the original DNS settings for future use.
- WAN tab.
Navigate to the left-side panel and click the
- Connect to DNS Server Automatically setting is enabled on the router. This is the basic step to set DNS on Asus router.
By default, the
- No radio button in the Connect to DNS Server Automatically field.
Therefore, you have to click the
- DNS Server 1 and DNS Server 2 fields.Next, enter the DNS server address in the
- DNS Server 1 field and enter ‘188.8.131.52’ in the DNS Server 2 field.If you wish to set up the public DNS servers (Google DNS), enter ‘184.108.40.206’ in the
It is recommended to block the Google DNS on your router.
- LAN tab from the Advanced Settings menu in the left-side panel.To do so, click the
- LAN IP and click the Route tab in the left-side panel.Note down the
- Enable Static Routes checkbox and enter ‘220.127.116.11’ in the Network/Host IP field.Check the
- Netmask field and type your LAN IP address in the Gateway field.Enter ‘255.255.255.255’ in the
- LAN in the Interface field and choose ‘2’ in the Metric field.Select
- Add icon and configure the secondary Google DNS.Click the
- Apply button and test the static routes to check if the Google DNS has been blocked.Click the
After set DNS on Asus router, restart your router.