How To Disable Mac Address Filtering On Netgear Wireless Router?
- Disable Mac Address Filtering On Netgear Wireless Router
Disable The Mac Address Filtering On Netgear Wireless Router
There is a unique address for each and every electronic device we use today. This physical address of the device is denoted as MAC or Media Access Control.
In routers, there is an option or feature named MAC Address Filtering. This option will help the user to protect their network from unknown or unauthorized users. From the following steps you will know how to disable Mac address filtering on Netgear wireless router on your desire.
- Advanced > Wireless Settings > Setup Access List > Turn Access Control On > Apply.To enable this option, go to your Netgear router’s web access page. Click
Make sure to select the Access Control Rule correctly when prompted.
Similarly, if you want to disable the MAC Address Filtering option on your Netgear Wi-Fi router, follow the instructions given below.
Connect your computer to the Netgear network.
- how to disable Mac address filtering on Netgear wireless router.Open the default web browser of your computer to know
- URL code of the Netgear router in the search field.Enter the
- Enter button on your computer’s keyboard.Tap the
- IP address of the Netgear router if you are no idea about its URL code.Note: You can also enter the
Now, enter your Netgear router’s username and password in the given fields.
- admin and password , respectively.The default username and password of the Netgear router are
- Advanced tab.Now, locate and click the
- Wireless Settings option from the drop-down menu.Select the
- Wireless Settings window and click the Setup Access List button.Scroll down the
- Wireless Card Access List screen will open.Now, the
- Turn Access Control On option and deselect it by unticking the checkbox beside it.Locate the
- Apply button provided at the bottom of the Wireless Card Access List screen.Now, save the changes by clicking the
- how to disable Mac address filtering on Netgear wireless router.You have successfully disabled the MAC Address Filtering option on your Netgear router after to know