How To Configure Bgp In Mikrotik Router ?
- Configure Bgp In Mikrotik Router
BGP is an acronym of the Border Gateway Protocol that allows you to set up dynamic routing between the connected routers. Using BGP, you can exchange the routing information across the Internet. If you wish to configure BGP in MikroTik routers, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- MikroTik routers.Since the BGP function is to exchange routing between two routers, you need to have two
- Ethernet cable.Turn on both the routers and connect them using a standard
- TCP connection between them, it is considered as the BGP peers.After establishing the
- router configuration window, navigate to the left-side panel and select the Routing tab.In the MikroTik
Select Filters from the drop-down menu and click the Add icon.
- inbound BGP.In the New Route Filter window, click the Matchers tab and create an
- Action tab and select the specify the action for both the inbound and outbound BGP.Click the
Click the Apply button followed by OK to close the New Route Filter window.
- Routing tab from the left-side panel and select BGP from the drop-down menu.Next, click the
- WAN address for the first MikroTik router.Configure the BGP instance first by adding a name as well as the
- remote address, and other details.
Next, configure the BGP peer to the second MikroTik router by adding a name,
At last, add a BGP network that you wish to advertise (for example, routing bgp network add network=192.168.0.0/16).
- configure the second
It is similar to the configuration carried out on the first MikroTik router.Now, you have to
- router ID>/ in the required fields.
You need to specify the instance first by adding a name and
Add BGP peer name, remote name, remote address, and instance for the second MikroTik router.
- network ID for BGP routing (for example, routing bgp network add network=172.16.0.0/16).
Finally, add the
After configuring the BGP in MikroTik routers, add the necessary details in the created filter.
- Verify the completed configuration using the specified commands.
Click the Call button provided on this web page to get remote assistance to Configure BGP In Mikrotik Router.