How To Change Wifi Password In Dlink Router?
- Change Wifi Password On Dlink Router
Changing the Wi-Fi password for your routers allows you to prevent unauthorized access to your network. But you should identify the current Wi-Fi password to connect your device to the router and change the settings on the router setup page. Go through the steps given below to know how to change wifi password in dlink router.
Logging In To The D-link Router Setup Page:
Before starting, ensure that your router is turned on.
Connect your computer to your router using the correct wireless credentials.
Identify your router's IP address to go to the setup page.
You can identify the IP address from the router's label.
Else, you can get it from your computer.
- Command Prompt with administrator password.
On Windows, open
- ipconfig' in the Command Prompt window and hit the Enter key. Scroll down the page to the Default Gateway section to get your router's IP address.
- Apple menu and select System Preferences.
On Mac, click the
- Network icon in the System Preferences window.
Next, click the
- Wi-Fi from the left-side panel and click the Advanced button.
- TCP/IP tab, find your router's IP address next to Router.
Once you've got the IP address, open the default browser on your computer.
- URL field and hit the Enter key.
Type your router's IP address in the
- Login button to sign in to your D-Link router setup page.
If prompted, input the username and password in the available fields and click the
Continue reading to know more on how to change wifi password in dlink router.
Changing The Wi-fi Password Of Your D-link Router:
- Wireless Settings tab from the left-side panel. On the D-Link router setup page, click the
- Pre-Shared Key section, enter the new password and click the Save button. In the
The password should be an alphanumeric pass-phrase with a minimum of eight characters.
To prevent unauthorized users from accessing your network, make sure to create a strong password.
- Settings tab and follow the login procedure.
Next, click the
- Yes, I have a mydlink account option and click Next.
If you already have a mydlink account, select the
- No, I want to register and login with a new mydlink account option and click Next. Otherwise, select the
- Email Address (Account Name) field.
On the next page, input the email address in the
- Password field and confirm the same in the Confirm Password field.
Input the email password in the
- Sign up button.
Type your last name and first name in the available fields and click the
You have now seen how to change WiFi password in DLink router. In case you are stuck while changing the Wi-Fi password, click the Call button on this page and contact our technical experts for remote assistance.