How To Connect Linksys Router To Comcast Modem?
A Linksys router lets you experience high-speed internet over a wired or wireless network. In this section, you can learn the procedure to know how to connect Linksys router to Comcast modem. The setup process of the Linksys router with a Comcast modem can be achieved using three stages. The first two stages comprise the physical setup and the third stage deals with the web-based configuration.
- Connect Linksys Router To The Comcast Modem
Physical setup :
Initially, get two Ethernet cables.
connect Linksys router to Comcast modem.
Using one Ethernet cable, to
Make sure that the Ethernet cable is connected to the WAN port of the Linksys router.
After that, using another Ethernet cable, connect your computer to the Linksys router.
This will conclude the physical setup of the router and the modem.
On your computerconnected to the router, open the default web browser.
Type your Linksys router’s IP address in the address bar of the browser.
Now, enter your Linksys router’s username and passwordin the given fields.
- Internet Connection Type drop-down menu and select the Automatic Configuration – DHCP
On your Linksys router’s support page, locate andexpand the
- radio button beside the DHCP Server option to enable it.
- Save Settings
- connect Linksys router to Comcast modem.
Now, you have successfully
- Status tab on your router’s web access screen.
To check your internet connection status, click the
- Internet IP Address option, then it means your Linksys router and the Comcast modem are configured properly.
If you see numbers beside the
- Release IP Addressoption followed by Renew IP Address.
If not, click the
Contact us if you need remote assistance to connect Linksys router to Comcast modem.