Simple Steps To Perform Asus Rt-ax86u Router Setup
- Asus Rt-ax86u Wi-Fi Router Setup
Asus RT-AX86U is a Dual-band Gigabit router that breaks down all the barriers slowing down your gaming. With high-speed networking, you can get the most out of this router. For detailed instructions about the Asus RT-AX86U router setup, go through the steps given below.
Before you start the router setup, prepare your modem and computer.
Unplug the power cord and cable connected to your modem.
Next, unpack your Asus router and place it near your modem.
Connect your router to an electrical outlet using the provided AC adapter.
- connect your router and modem using another network cable. This cable should be connected to your router's WAN port.
Reconnect the power cord of your modem to the wall outlet and power on the modem.
Turn the router switch on.
Wait until the power LED of your router turns on.
You have now completed the hardware setup for your Asus RT-AX86U router setup. Continue reading the steps to complete the software setup.
Software Setup Using The Web GUI:
- open the default browser and wait until the router's web GUI is launched automatically.
On your computer,
- enter the router's IP address in the URL field and hit the Enter key.
If the web GUI does not auto-launch,
- Create a New Network button to start the Quick Internet Setup (QIS) wizard.
Wait until your Internet connection type (Dynamic IP, PPPoE, L2TP, or PPTP) is detected automatically.
If prompted, enter the credentials provided by your ISP.
- Manual Setting button and configure the connection settings.
If QIS fails to detect your ISP connection, click the
To secure your Wi-Fi network from unauthorized users, change the default wireless network name (SSID) and network key.
Also, change the router login password.
- Apply after configuring the basic router settings.
Remember to click
The next time you log in to the web GUI, you have to sign in with your Asus router account credentials that you have set previously in the Quick Internet Setup wizard.
You have now completed the Asus RT-AX86U router setup. To get remote assistance on any asus router issues feel free to contact our friendly technical experts.