Asus RT-AC68P Router Setup - Brief Guide
- How To Setup Asus RT-AC68P Router
The super-fast ASUS RT-AC68P Router Setup comes with combined dual-band data rates of up to 1900 Mbps. This router offers Router-to-Router sync so that the data on USB-connected storage can be shared with other Asus routers that are compatible.
ASUS RT-AC68P Router Setup
- router setup procedure, ensure you have a stable internet connection.
Before starting the
Place your router in a centralized place where the signal strength is high.
Prepare Modem For Router Connect
Setup Wireless Environment
- DC-IN port and plug it into an electric power outlet.
Plugin your wireless router's AC adapter to the
- Connect ASUS RT-AC68P Router to wireless router's WAN port.
Take anetwork cable and
Plugin your modem's AC adapter to the DC-IN port and plug it into a power outlet.
- Connect Computer to ASUS RT-AC68P Router's LAN Port. Look that the WAN and LAN LEDs are in an active state.
Use another network cable to
Disable certain settings that are enabled on your computer:
Disable the proxy server.
- TCP/IP Settings to obtain an IP address automatically.
Disable the dial-up connection.
Quick Internet Setup Wizard
- Initial ASUS RT-AC68P Router Setup as given above, open a web browseron your computer.
After you have completed the
- 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and then press Enter.
- admin as both the username and password.
If prompted to log in to the router, enter
- Wireless Router's Quick Internet Setup feature detects if your ISP connection type is Dynamic IP, PPPoE, PPTP, L2TP, or Static IP. Provide the necessary information about your Internet connection type.
- Dynamic IP QIS Wizard will automatically take you to the next step.
If your connection type is
- Apply once
Type the network name (SSID) and security key for your wireless connection. Click
Your Internet and wireless settings are displayed.
- Next to continue.
- Finish .
Once the setup isdone, click
After setting up router to wireless network, you can easily Connect Using SSID and Password. However, if your device supports WPS, then you can connect your wireless device to the router simply by pressing the WPS button on your device and router. For more assistance regarding the Asus RT-AC68P Router Setup, contact our support team.