How To Set Up Asus Router VPN Port Forwarding?
Setting up a VPN server with port forwarding on your Asus router gives access to your device to connect via a VPN. Follow the below-mentioned steps to set up the Asus router VPN port forwarding settings on your Root AP (Asus router to be configured for VPN).
- Asus Router VPN Port Settings
Setting up Asus Router's VPN Port Forwarding Settings?
- your Asus router to the computer using a standard Ethernet cable.
- URL field.
On your computer, open the default browser and enter the router’s IP address in the
- Enter key to open the router’s login portal.
You can identify the router’s IP address on the label attached to the router’s backside.
- Asus router VPN port forwarding settings.
Enter your login credentials in the required fields to access the router’s administrative interface and set up the
- Network Map page and check the WAN IP address.
Navigate to the
Next, you have to set up the Root AP.
- Root AP to the computer and open the router’s login portal on the web browser.
Log in to the router’s settings page with the help of the login credentials.
- Port Forwarding and select your VPN service from the displayed list.
- PPTP VPN, set the Port Range to 1723 and select the TCP option in the Protocol column.For
- OpenVPN, set the Port Range to 1194 and select UDP in the Protocol column.For
- IPSec VPN, set the Port Range to 500 and select the UDP option from the TCP drop-down menu in the Protocol column.For
- IPSec tunnel, set the Port Range to 4500 and select UDP in the Protocol column.For the
- Apply to save the applied changes.Click
- VPN server address field.Now, open the VPN connection screen on your device and enter the WAN IP address of Root AP in the
- Asus router VPN port forwarding, contact our technical support team for remote assistance.If you are facing problems while setting up the