How To Solve Asus Router VPN Not Working Issue?
- VPN Not Working In Asus Router
Do you have an Asus router that fails to work with a VPN connection? We’re here to help you rectify the issue of the router VPN not working. Asus routers support quick VPN setup to enjoy a better experience without installing any other VPN software. There are various reasons like outdated firmware, firewall issues, etc., resulting in the Asus router VPN not working problem. Try the methods provided below one by one and make sure these methods fix the problem.
Methods To Solve Vpn Not Working On Asus Router
Restart The Asus Router
Restart the Asus router before trying the technical troubleshooting methods provided below. The restarting process might enable the server to get connected to the VPN. If this process fails, try resetting the router.
Search and locate the Reset button.
Use a sharp-pointed object to press this button.
- Reset button for 10 to 15 seconds.
Press and hold the
Wait until the flashing light stops and turns on automatically after a minute.
Now, connect to the VPN and check whether the issue is fixed.
Update Your Asus Router Firmware
Using an outdated Asus router firmware will end up in “the asus router VPN not working” issues. So, update your router firmware and make sure that the issues get fixed.
Make sure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
Open the default web browser and go to the Asus official web page.
- Account and Password details to log in to your Asus control panel.
- Administration section and then select the System option.
Go to the
Check to find out if there are any updates available.
- Firmware upgrade option.
Wait until the upgrading process gets completed.
Now, turn off your router for a minute and restart the device.
Now, try connecting to VPN and make sure it works.
VPN Server Conflicts
If the Asus LAN network and VPN server network conflict, there is a chance that the Asus router VPN does not connect.
Log in to your Asus router page.
- Username and Password and click Sign in.
Provide the Asus router
- VPN client section at the top of the page.
Once you have entered the VPN router page, select the
- VPN server list, check the Connection Status.
- Connection Status, try to change the VPN server to fix the asus router vpn not working issue.
If it shows a warning icon below
How to change LAN IP address
Make sure that you log in to your Asus router page.
- LAN section from the left panel of the page.
- LAN IP section from the top of the page.
- IP Address.
Click on the box near the
Change the IP Address number and click
Now, restart the router and try connecting it to VPN.
Make sure it fixes the issue.
Change The Firewall Settings
If the system firewall blocks the VPN, it will result in the “router VPN not working” issue. Change the firewall settings on your PC and check whether it fixes the problem.
- Start and type Firewall in the search box.
- Firewall & Network protection option.
- Allow an app through Firewall.
- Change settings.
Make sure you search and locate the Asus VPN app from the list.
- Public and Private checkboxes and click OK.
Now, restart the device and try connecting to VPN.
- Asus router VPN works efficiently.
Make sure that the
To get more assistance on resolving asus router vpn not working issue, CALL our tech experts and get instant solutions.