In this section, we will explain how to add mac address to linksys router. Media Access Code address (MAC address) is a combination of 12 digit hexadecimal characters that acts as a unique identifier for all the network devices like computer, smartphone, or any other device that can connect to a network. Using MAC address, you can set up your Linksys router to allow or prevent network access to your devices. When you add the MAC address of a specific device, your router allows network for that device, and when you remove the MAC address of a device, your router prevents network access for that particular device.
Steps To Add The Mac Address To The Linksys Router:
- enable the wireless MAC filter feature of your Linksys router.
To add MAC address to Linksys router, you need to
Keep a note of the MAC address which you would like to add to the Linksys router.
- click Start and select All programs and select the Linksys Connect app (you should have already downloaded and installed the app on your computer)On your computer,
- click on Router settings from the list of available options.On the Linksys Connect app,
- select the Advanced Settings option.On the Router settings page, move to the other options column and
- press the OK button.In the Advanced Settings window, the username and password of your router will be displayed. Under that, you can find the option “copy password.” Click on that and
- click on the Wireless option followed by the Wireless MAC filter.Go to your router’s home page and
- Permit PCs listed below to access the wireless network. In the Wireless MAC filter window, select Enabled and click on the option
- click on the Wireless Client List option to register the devices which you have already connected to your router’s wireless network. Now,
On the Wireless Client List screen, click on the Sort by drop-down menu and select the MAC Address from the list.
- Add the MAC address of your device and click on the ADD button. Then click on the Save Settings option.
Now you have successfully added the MAC address of your device to the Linksys router.
To get more assistance on how to add mac address to linksys router, call us and get instant solution.